Soft costs in a new development project refers to all costs not directly related to constructing the building. Some examples include planning and entitlement costs, project management, carrying costs, and pre-opening expenses. FF&E and OS&E may be included in the soft costs, but these costs are usually shown separately in a high-level summary.
- 7 Essential Real Estate Investing Books
- 4 Essential Elements of a Hotel Deal Structure
- Hotel Classifications Demystified
- 3 Steps to Build a Hotel Crowdfunding Strategy
- 6 Essential Data Points for Hotel Investment Analysis
- How to Account for Seasonality in Your Financial Model
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Hotels