SMERF is a rate category in the group segment. SMERF – or social, military, education, religious, and fraternal – groups are bookings of more than 10 room nights with non-business-related organizations. Guests in this category tend to be budget conscious and usually pay for their own stay. However, a meeting planner (usually a volunteer in the group) coordinates a room block on behalf of the group.
- 7 Essential Real Estate Investing Books
- 4 Essential Elements of a Hotel Deal Structure
- Hotel Classifications Demystified
- 3 Steps to Build a Hotel Crowdfunding Strategy
- 6 Essential Data Points for Hotel Investment Analysis
- How to Account for Seasonality in Your Financial Model
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Hotels