Rate parity is the practice of maintaining the same room rate across all distribution channels. Hotel agreements with online travel agents (OTAs) and country-specific antitrust laws usually preclude the hotel from offering a lower rate at their website. Hotels may offer value-added promotions, like free wi-fi, reduced ancillary fees, or complimentary food & beverage, to encourage direct booking.
- 7 Essential Real Estate Investing Books
- 4 Essential Elements of a Hotel Deal Structure
- Hotel Classifications Demystified
- 3 Steps to Build a Hotel Crowdfunding Strategy
- 6 Essential Data Points for Hotel Investment Analysis
- How to Account for Seasonality in Your Financial Model
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Hotels