Opaque is a rate category in the transient segment. Opaque booking channels, like Priceline or Hotwire, sell hotel rooms prior to revealing the identity of the hotel. Guests may narrow their booking preferences with respect to location, quality, and price, but they do not know the specific hotel until after the transaction is complete. These rates are, generally, non-refundable.
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Hotels
- How to Account for Seasonality in Your Financial Model
- Hotel Classifications Demystified
- 6 Essential Data Points for Hotel Investment Analysis
- 5 Elements of a Successful Hotel Investment Strategy
- Pivot to Hotel Investments from Big Four CRE
- 3 Steps to Build a Hotel Crowdfunding Strategy
- How Does Travel Get Back to Business?
- 4 Must-Have Books for Hotel Investors
- Hotel Investing Is Easy with the Right Partners