Opaque is a rate category in the transient segment. Opaque booking channels, like Priceline or Hotwire, sell hotel rooms prior to revealing the identity of the hotel. Guests may narrow their booking preferences with respect to location, quality, and price, but they do not know the specific hotel until after the transaction is complete. These rates are, generally, non-refundable.
- 7 Essential Real Estate Investing Books
- 4 Essential Elements of a Hotel Deal Structure
- Hotel Classifications Demystified
- 3 Steps to Build a Hotel Crowdfunding Strategy
- 6 Essential Data Points for Hotel Investment Analysis
- How to Account for Seasonality in Your Financial Model
- 10 Reasons to Invest in Hotels